Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fooditude -Veggie Soup


Greetings,

Fooditude is my latest addition to I Love My Temple blog. Fooditude is Food + Attitude. I thought this would be a great way to introduce nutrition and talk about healthy yet tasty foods. I invite you to contribute your tasty healthy recipes via email @ ilovemytemple@gmail.com (Subject: Fooditude). You can send pics along with your contributions. Tell me why your food has a great healthy attitude and I will post them on my blog. My favorites will be shared with my Yoga for Weight Loss group.


Here is a wonderful soup recipe from Healthy Kids, Smart Kids: The Principal-Created, Parent-Tested, Kid-Approved Nutrition Plan for Sound Bodies & Strong Minds by Yvonne Sanders-Butler, Ed. D. with Barbara Alpert

1-2--3 Veggie Soup


2 cups of water
1 (16-ounce) bag of frozen mixed vegetables
1 (12 ounce) can low-sodium diced tomatoes (with chilies or jalapenos, optional)
1/2 tomato paste
2 teaspoons Vegesal or Mrs. Dash
1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

In a large, heavy pot, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Add seasonings and stir. Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.

Per serving: Calories 71; Protein 3 g; Carb: 16g; Sugar 6g; Fiber 4g; Fat 0g; Sodium 500mg

No comments:

Post a Comment