Two weeks ago, my Yoga for Weight Loss group was visited by Chef Shelley Chapman of Naturi Beauty Concepts www.naturibeauty.com. She came in and gave a wonderfully creative interactive quick meal/snack that was sooo delicious we were licking our fingers and wanting more. What's so great about these recipes is they literally take minutes. And what's so awesome about Shelley is she loves sharing her delectable treats. Check out her wonderful Roasted Red Pepper Tuna Sandwiches & Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!
Roasted Red Pepper Tuna Sandwiches
- 1/3 cup bottled ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained
- 1 12oz can solid white tuna, drained & broken in chunks
- 1 8.75 oz. can whole kernel corn, drained
- spinach leaves, rinsed
- choice of bread
- Prepare roasted red pepper sauce, by blending or food processing ranch dressing and roasted red peppers until nearly smooth
- Prepare tuna filling by mixing corn with tuna. You may try chopping and adding some of the additional roasted red peppers to the tuna/corn mix.
- Combine tuna mix with roasted red pepper sauce.'
- Spread on bread and top with spinach leaves. Enjoy
- 1.5 cup pretzels, crushed
- 3/4 cup chunky or smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3 TB hazelnut chocolate cream (Nutella)
- 12 mini muffin cups
- Melt chocolate chips and hazelnut chocolate cream in a double boiler
- Crush pretzels in a ziplock bag with a meat mallet/tenderizer, bottom of a glass, or hammer
- Spoon 1 TB of peanut butter onto nonstick surface and top with 2 TB of crushed pretzels.
- Shape into a ball and press into mini cupcake wrapper
- Repeat until all wrappers are filled
- Pour over the melted chocolate mixture and place all the cups in the refrigerator
- Allow to set for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight.
- These work really well if you prepare them in advance for the week. When you get a salt/sweet craving, you will already have them available. Enjoy :)
Fooditude is Food + Attitude. I invite you to contribute your tasty healthy recipes via email @ email@example.com (Subject: Fooditude). You can send pics along with your contributions. Tell me why your food has a great healthy attitude and I will post them on my blog. My favorites healthy treats will be shared with my Yoga for Weight Loss group.